NGO Resource Centre of Karve Institute of Social Service & Tech Mahindra Foundation, Pune
Karve Institute of Social Service and Tech Mahindra Foundation have launched an NGO Resource Centre, a platform where NGOs can network and build partnerships with other NGOs and compatible organizations. The Resource Center was inaugurated on 12thAugust 2013, by Dr. Loveleen Kacker, CEO, Tech Mahindra Foundation.
More than 4000 NGOs are registered in Pune. They are working towards the cause of social development in various domains families, communities and in structured institutions, which address different life situations. The NGO Resource Centre aims to become a point of reference which will address the needs of NGOs especially through capacity building. It will also act as a catalyst in order to encourage NGOs to keep evolving according to emerging trends, so that they are better able to cater to the needs of their stakeholder groups.
Objectives of the NGO Resource Centre
To identify the training needs of the NGOs and social work practitioners working in different sectors and design custom-made short courses to address these needs
- To design and develop training modules for the professional and para-professional teams working in NGOs
- To provide a platform for the NGOs to collectively interact, share, analyze and reflect upon their experiences in the field
- Plan for and organize resource mobilization events
- To develop a support resource centre where relevant data base will be prepared and made available to NGOs
- To provide research support for enhancing projects and schemes of NGOs
- To provide consultation and support for young professionals who wish to develop innovative projects in the development sector
In the long run, it is also hoped that the Resource Centre will develop its capabilities to carry out studies for policy and budget analysis at the national, state, local levels, so that these are made available for groups working to advocate for the rights of marginalized groups.
Sharing and Discussion on conducting enquires of Sexual harassment cases 3rd July 2015
Sustainable skill development and Entrepreneurship Models 11th August 2015
Understanding Feasibility and Hoe to prepare Business plan for SE Project 25th August 2015
Networking event on skill development and entrepreneurship 3rd July 2015
'Challenges while dealing with Sexual Harassment cases at Workplace'- 26th September 2014
'NGO and CSR rules under Company Act 2013'- 26th August 2014
'Project Report writing and Documenting Success Stories'-17th October2014
Good Governance of NGO’s and Legal framework - 28th Oct 2013
Proposal Writing Workshop for social work professionals- 13th Dec 2013
Project proposal writing workshop for the Social Workers of person with disability dept, ZP, Pune, 31st Jan, 2013
Effective Communication and Team Building - 6th Feb 2015
Enhancing Computer Skills - 13th March 2015
Financial Management, Accounting and Auditing for NGO’s - 15th November2014
Fund Raising for NGO's - 12th Jan 2015
Stregthening ICC and ICC members - 6th Jan 2015
Networking event on skill development and entrepreneurship 3rd July 2015
Networking Event with “Non Granted Disability Schools”, from Pune District – 17th January 2013
Networking with NGO’s and Corporate on “Early Childhood Intervention” – 23th Dec 2013
Networking Event\Networking event with organizations working with Children 17th March 2015
Student Welfare Programme for the MSW students
- Financial assistance for the economically underprivileged students
- The Computer Lab is contributing by helping students make effective use of internet services for academic purposes, presentations, assignments and research projects.
Knowledge and Skill Enhancement of Socio-Economically Backward Students under SC & ST cell of the Institute
- Developing the personality of the economically backward, SC and ST students and creating an avenue for or sharing their views.
- SC/ST cell organized two days State level conference on,”Jati Antachi Ladhai(Struggle for Caste Abolition)” on 29th and 30th March 2014. Some of glimpse of Programme.
Two days State level conference on,'Changing Economic Scenario and its impact on Bahujan'7th and 8th March 2015
Fellowship Programme Of NGO Resource Center of Karve Institute of Social Service Supported by Tech Mahindra Foundation
Application Open for Karve Alumni for NGO Resource Center Fellowship Programme
The NGO Resource Center of Karve Institute of Social Service supported by Tech Mahindra Foundation has launched a fellowship Programme this year. The education and employability sector has a large opportunity for inculcation of innovative ideas. It is a golden opportunity for young professionals and practitioners to be a change maker in the system. This fellowship is for those who are interested to develop innovative practices in Education and Employability.
The implementation of thoughts into action has a colossal gap due to many reasons. One of the reasons is that even though many young social work professionals/practitioners have an inclination to implement inventive models, they become part of existing structures of NGOs and Government organizations to accomplish their indispensable needs. During their tenure of service many times their inclination of being change agents and their thoughts of social development are not well addressed by the sector. As a result, they become part of routine projects and feel helpless & frustrated about their inability to act as change agents in society.
This fellowship will offer freedom for young MSW professionals/practitioners to implement their creative thoughts or explore new models in the area of employability and education without any financial constraints.
- Providing opportunity to develop innovative projects in their interested field, based on experience while working with target groups.
- Providing opportunity to implement ideas in reality and create an innovative and a positive change.
- Promoting young social workers of Karve Institute of Social Service to take steps and become a Social Entrepreneur.
- You should be a highly motivated, outstanding young professional (MSW) qualified from Karve Institute of Social Service, between the ages 22-30 as on 1st June 2014
- You should be an Indian Citizen
- You should have a minimum 1 or 2 years experience of working in the field of children, education, youth, youth employability and vocational training center development.
- Screening of Applications
- Individual interviews
- Orientation about the areas of fellowship to the Shortlisted candidates
No. of Fellowship
- 2 (1 Male and 1 Female)
Duration 10 Months : (June 2014 to March 2015)
- Fellowship Support: INR 20,000/month during fellowship period. Fellow will have to manage his/her travel or other expense on their own.
- Fellows will be mentored by experienced and expert faculty of Karve Institute of Social Service.
- Library facilities and internet accessibility will be made available at Karve Institute of Social Service.
- Quarterly contact sessions will be conducted to give inputs or help to build perspective and technical facilitation.
- Fellows who successfully complete the fellowship will be awarded with “Certificate of Completion.”
Note: Applicant should send application form along with their resume, application form without resume will not consider.
For Application form please see the link below
Final Application form
Ms. Malvika Devidas Sudame received Fellowship 2014-15 on Education on, ’Career awareness and life skills program for the underprivileged students in Pune City’ She has implemented this action project a schools called Nutan Balvikas Mandir Class 9th and two centres of ‘Swarupvardhini’
Ms. Nisha Laxman Phadtare received fellowship 2014-15 on Employability on,’ To increase enrollment of girls for the non conventional courses at the ITI and provide employment of girls who completed ITI courses at ITI Lokpanchayat’
- Training Need Assessment of NGOs working in Pune
- Various research studies which contributes in enhancement of capacities of NGOs
- Proposal Writing for projects
- Project/Programme management
- Project/Programme monitoring and evaluation
NGO Resource Library has started in the year 2014-15. Different Reference books on skill development, NGO Management, social issues, training modules, various issue base reports, and CD’s are kept in NGO Resource Library. We have also explored new resource centers working on gender, women, and advocacy, through which we have developed library data base. Documents on government Schemes, government facilities for marginalized have generated from YASHADA, Nehru Yuva Kendra and kept in Resource Library for reference. Reports of conferences, training models from NGO management and Governance developed and kept in library for reference.
List of the books available in NGO library
Agencies closely associated with us
- Field work organization working on health issue
- Field work Organization working with Children
- Field work organization working with Women
- Fieldwork orgnization working with Community
Doccuments prepared by NGO Resource Center
- Marathi Report - Proposal writting, programme planning and Monitoring
- English Report - Proposal writting, programme planning and Monitoring
- Training Need Assessment Report 2014-15
For more details of NGOs, working on different issues, please contact